Is your house heated by oil?
You may be eligible for 0% interest financing to replace your oil heating with an electric heat pump.
You can save money and improve home comfort! Our new program enables Central Saanich homeowners to fund up to $12,000 of the cost of getting off oil heating through an interest free loan repaid on property tax bills over 10 years. Plus, you can take advantage of other rebates available right now.
Converting from oil to an electric heat pump helps our community reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduces the risk of oil spills and introduces cooling power in the face of longer, hotter summers!
Apply soon – this program is offered as a pilot for a limited time and for a limited number of participants on a first come first served basis.
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
- The property must be within the municipal boundaries of the District of Central Saanich.
- Property must be an eligible home type and must primarily be heated by oil. Replacement of broken oil heating equipment is not eligible for this program.
- Your property tax status must be in good standing.
- You must apply to the program and sign a financing agreement before starting any work.
- Quotes must be from contractors on the program’s pre-approved contractors list.
- Understand the Program. Read and understand the Program's Terms and Conditions.
- Apply for the Program. Read the registration form and its steps on how to participate then sign and submit using a secure upload portal. Receive notice of pre-approval from program administrator.
- The next program intake period is listed below. Your registration form and petition must be submitted before the end date to participate for that intake. If you miss this deadline, you may be able to participate in the next intake.
- Participants will have 10 months from adoption of the Local Service Area bylaw by Council to complete their upgrade (flexibility will be granted for extenuating circumstances)
- All installations under the program must be completed before the end of 2023.
- Learn more about heat pumps at this upcoming free webinar on June 22, 2022.
- Check out the BetterHomesBC rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrade rebates.
- Interested in learning more about heat pumps? See the CleanBC’s info on heating systems.
- Learn about Canada Greener Homes federal rebates.